Summer intensives are a great opportunity for ministry and professional development for college students, current teachers, and others who want to have an impact for Christ while exploring teaching overseas. In addition to the options highlighted below, we may also have the ability to create a personalized internship opportunity for you.
Southeast Asia Program:
- Dates: July/August 2018
- Costs: $1,700 plus airfare ($1,200 for those not requiring TESOL training)
- Where: Working with the summer TESOL program at two of TeachBeyond’s schools in two different cities in Southeast Asia.
- Training: For those who do not have experience or educational background in TESOL, training will be provided through the Institute of Cross-Cultural Training at Wheaton College before departing for the overseas assignment.
- Dates: January 5-25, 2018
- Costs: $1100 plus airfare
- Description: This English Intensive is geared toward middle school and high school students from Asia. Parents want their children to learn English and have high expectations for the program. Classes will be held through most of the day, but there will be many opportunities for field trips, electives (such as baking and art), and Filipino cultural experiences.
- Training: Teaching experience and/or TESOL certification are preferred. Curriculum will be provided, and teachers will adapt the curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of the students. There will be approximately 4 hours of teaching per day, as well as other opportunities to interact with students.
- Dates: May 22-July 23, 2018
- Costs: $1700 plus airfare
- Description: The vision of this language and cultural center is to use conversational English instruction and cultural exchange events to build meaningful relationships with Serbs for the purpose of sharing the hope of the Gospel and seeing lives transformed. Interns will have the opportunity to work at a one-week English Camp, teach summer English courses, build relationships with students, plan and facilitate events, participate in discipleship meetings, and serve alongside the local church.
Fill out my online form.